A note or two about the various rapids along the Rupert River
Most names have been in use for hundreds of years.
A. P. Low, the very first man to document and survey the area
between 1888 & 1895 said that the
names "were always there".
- Km305: The Gorge
- Km290: Nemao (Sturgeon) Rapids
- Km235: Island Rapid
- Km225: Chenobi (Long Rapid)
- Km105: Oatmeal Rapids (at the James Bay
- Km98: White Beaver Rapid (Wapamiskush)
- Km88 to 75: The Fours
- Km60: The Cat Rapid
- Km45: The Bear Rapid
- Km42: Plum Pudding Rapids
- Km30: Smoky Hills Rapids
The rapids of the Rupert River are not to be trifled with or
approached with anything but caution and respect. Some of them
will quickly kill you.